C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 07:38:06 -0400
Not to belittle Littleton or the current national preoccupation with the
unfortunate.  I'm surprised that our war in Yugoslavia is not seen as a
violent example which triggers the "sickos" here.

Taking the long view and to somewhat depart from blame and the natural
inclination to fix what isn't broken my thinking assumes the majority of us
are quite healthful, decent, and supportive of our fellow humans and if we
do random acts, they're primarily for the good.  A bit of the actuarial
perspective goes a long way.

Something seems amiss when children--in this case "affluence," not inner
city poverty will be analysed and scapegoated--act violently to the point of
murder.  Violence upon and by children is nothing new with the human race.
We humans still endure.  Indeed we adults train to become more efficient
hunters and killers, do organise and deploy armed forces.  Ultimately, upon
whom is such noteworthy ability for death and destruction visited?

Sometimes it helps to turn off the news, take a stroll in the sunshine, and
thank the day for its blessings.  Sometimes more will be required to restore
order.

Breathe deeply and be calm.

Welcome, Bobby.  Glad your back and mending.

Hugs,

ISM

Date:    Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:06:20 -0500
From:    Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Reaction to Colorado shootings

Hey gang,

        Sorry about my "misfire"(no sick pun intended)! I am back and
feeling
fine. I have had little or no pain from the surgery. Sitting home I watched
a lot of CNN and MSNBC. One factor these pundits never mention is the
enormous amount of coverage the "news" networks give to such tragedies. And
they never consider some sicko sitting out there, thinking "this is my way
to immortality".

As far as "causes" I am reminded of the Pogo cartoon where it's stated "We
have met the enemy and they is us!" The miracle lies in the fact that more
Littleton's have not occurred!!! We have some sick folk in our society!

Bobby