C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chester Worwa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 13:54:28 -0700
OK.  I hope ortho does suggest other things other than
surgery.  I had problems and pain with my ankle once
and the only thing doctors told me was to have
surgery.  I begged for a brace and got it and after a
few years of wearing it the pain went away to the
point where I don't need the brace anymore.  They
didn't know if the surgery would help with the pain
either.  That's why I believe in braces before
surgery, but was told from other doctors that ortho's
believe in surgery before braces.

--- "Kendall D. Corbett" <[log in to unmask]>