C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:26:40 -0400
Kat, NTSC is a standared eletrical protocol for video signals, kind of like
TCP/IP is a communications standard protocol for digital data.

What you need to do is find out what kind of "input" signal your TV needs
(you can find it on the 'net by searching for your TV brand and the phrase
"video standards", or it might be in your owner's manual, too.)and then go
to a dedicated computer store (like MicroCenter)and find a "video capture"
board that will support the standard with the right connectors.

The street price is usually <= $100, but once you find the card you need you
can buy it off the 'net for a good deal less than at a retail store.

I have an "ATI-TV Wonder TV Tuner and Video Capture" card in my home PC.
It's four years old, but still works.

Kyle