C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jonathan Rand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:43:46 -0500
things detiriorated ove 40 years or so.  but I always had som very subtle
symptoms that nobody but me cud notice.  & a few years ago, I got something
I call “The Weakness,” that made my spasticity & athetosis much less, (but
with a price)!  wen I tried2 move or speak, I’d start2 pass out!  no doctor
knows wat it is.  I have a long long history of going 2 doctors.  they cud
do very little4 me.  I guess om kind of a “do it yourself” person…  as a
teenager, I experimented with lenses & an eye chart, & diagnosed my visual
problems, & I guess, “prescribed” my own glasses.  anyway, so I’m no longer
interested in finding a diagnosis 4 anything wrong with me.  I managed 2
control The Weakness on my own…  All the doctors wud do, is try to give me
drugs.  I’m chemically sensitive!  but most doctors don’t think that
multiple chemical sensitivity is real, so they insisted I take the meds.  I
stopped seeing them & went off on my own.  it was all I cud do.   The
Weakness is getting better little by little.  & only recently, I hit a
milestone.  I may b starting 2 walk again.  I’ve been working on THAT 1 for
years.  I don’t think I’m detiriorating anymore.

I’m noticing I can do things I couldn’t do, years b4.  but this time its not
the Weakness thats doing it.

I’m still in bad shape tho…  incredible fatigue!  as a matter of fact, I
gotta stop now & just veg out in front of the TV!  :)

oh, it might not seem clear 2 u from wat I wrote, as2 wether the weakness
made my movements better or somhow worse.  its actually hard to tell!
better? yes!  worse?  well, also yes!  a strange affect!

om really pleased that u replied so quickly!  :)

JR