C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 01:10:04 -0400
Hi Bobby,

In my opinion, I'd say they aren't much alike, though in SB each case is
different depending on where the opening is located, and what kind of SB it is.
There are 3 types.  Mine is the 'worst', being myelomeningocele.  From what I
read on CP, same is true, that there are different types, and what type you have
can vary, and the severity of symptoms can vary.  In my case, I've had a few
things going on, that I have attributed to being SB, when they are listed
symptoms of CP.  I take it what this lady is saying, that it is mainly due to
the hydrocephalus (which I didn't have), and her son's malformed Arnold-Chiari,
are why the docs believe CP is involved in her case.......  I do not know if I
had ACM, but I do know ACM is common with myelomeningocele SB........

See you,
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans