C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 02:49:38 -0400
Hi Betty,

Thanks, glad to be here, even if I turn out not to have cp!  My doc is not my
'original' family doc - he didn't deliver me, nor did he have anything to do
with my diagnosis of SB, and the subsequent surgeries.  I didn't start going to
him til I was an adult.  He was told I was born SB........  (that part I am
positive about!), but, like Mag mentioned - I have heard of SB having brain
damage at birth (so possibly that damage existed and I never knew it - and is
giving symptoms like cp)....... I just don't know!  I did not have
hydrocephalus, did not need a shunt to drain fluid, they measured my head every
day after I was born, and it did not increase in size.  Seems like that I'd have
had this, if I also had brain damage.......  Then again - could be he couldn't
think of what I "DID" have, so he just "wrote something" to get the form done -
but that seems a little unlikely, being he had my chart right in front of

See you,
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans