C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:19:27 -0600
Peter,

McCain has distanced himself and the campaign from the comments by saying
that Goodman is not a paid campaign staffer (John Goodman, president of the
National Center for Policy Analysis).

The thing that made me almost fall out of my chair was his statement that it
wouldn't "cost a cent!"

I wish I had figures on the number of emergency rooms that have closed
because they can't afford to provide indigent care, or the number of people
who have died or gotten sicker because ER's are so overcrowded.  When Bush
and the conservative Republicans wanted to cut Medicare and Medicaid
reimbursement by 10%, the largest group of family practice physicians in my
state was going to stop seeing Medicare and Medicaid patients!  Which would
have sent a lot of these people to the ER for primary care!  And both of
Wyoming's Senators voted to sustain the veto!!  It gets worse, too.  Our
newest senator is an MD (orthopedic surgeon) from the same town where the
family docs practice.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.