C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:36:55 -0400
Hi Kathy Jo,

   Human Resources is a fancy name for the old personnel department. It turns out humans as workers are a resource and you can manage them. Today, Human resource Department have Information System - HRIS. Pretty interesting stuff, HR handles , hiring, firing, employee benefits, making sure federal notices get posted and the laws get kept. I am the Human Resources departmet for the small company I also do bookkeeping for. I make sure that all the "aliens" have the proper papers and they are not expired, that the drivers have the proper drivers permits and get the physicals and renew their licenses. Since Meridian has a large number of Immigrant Hispanics - I make it point to make sure everything is posted in English and in Spanish. Oh and I have the forms in both languages. I am currently building an HRIS system for Meridian - which is much more up my alley as a computer weenie.

                        Trisha