C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:12:33 EST
In a message dated 11/23/1999 1:43:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I'm not sure what the regulations will be once he's in the regular school
 system. Definitely something I will keep in mind to find out!

Yvonne and all,

I am curious myself.  I don't know anything about the regulations for Canada
so I did a search for fire safety in Canada.  I didn't come up with the regs,
but I did find the Ottawa Fire Department website.  I sent them an e-mail and
asked if they could send something to share with the list about Canada's fire
safety regulations specifically pertaining to the evacuation of school
children with disabilities.

In the interim though, I am so impressed with the Ottawa Fire Department
website that I want to share it with everyone.  There is a section for fire
safety education for children that is very informative for parents and
children.  It's under "public education" I think (look for the Sparky icon).
If you have a moment to check it out, I think you'll enjoy what you find.
I'll also share what they tell me about Canada's regulations when I hear from
them.

 <A HREF="http://www.fire.ottawa.on.ca/eindex.html">Ottawa Fire Department</A>

Incidentally, this is something that drives me crazy.  It's Smokey Bear --
not Smokey THE Bear.  Sorry -- I just had to get that out.

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US.  And by the way ... you can thank your
after-turkey-dinner nap to that fine amino acid tryptophan.

Betty