C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:18:37 EDT
In a message dated 08/20/1999 7:42:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 *******
 First hour: 9-10 PM EDT
 NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD!
 This week, I'm taking your calls about Bill White's death being ruled
 an ACCIDENT!!!
 The death of Bill White, whose doctors pulled the plug on his
 ventilator last week after more than 30 years of life at Strong
 Hospital, in Rochester New York has been officially ruled an accident.
 The Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office determined that White, 50,
 died of a severe neck injury, the same one that paralyzed him in a
 gymnastics accident in 1967. I guess that means that White really died
 30 years ago and all that living he did since then didn't count.  I
 guess that means that that all of us crips are really the living
 dead!!!

 Help me out here folks.  Call in the the show and DOCUMENT with your
 voice how you feel about this ruling.  Is this like calling a lynching
 a "death by natural causes" or what?  We need to BROADCAST with
 passion how we feel about this, record it and send it out for the
 world to hear.  Things are getting out of hand!!!  Don't let me down.
 Don't let the movement down.  If you want to participate and think you
 might forget to call during the show, we can call you.  E-mail your
 phone number to [log in to unmask]  If you're deaf or have a
 speech disability, send me and e-mail and I'll read from it on the
 air.  Let's record this and send it to the Monroe County Medical
 Examiner's Office and whoever else you think we should send it to!
 Any ideas?

 Don't forget to participate:  1-800-960-4734, Sunday 9-10 PM EDT.   Do
 you think society views us as half-dead, as-good-as-dead,
 better-off-dead?  Do they fear us like flesh eating zombies?  If you
 agree with the Examiner, wow, that would be an interesting call.

WHere does this air online or in the new york metro area