C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:48:17 -0500
Hi Anee,

     Oh I am sorry to hear this. Here are some sites to check out. I have
many the same problems - I have osteoarthitis the length of my spine -
several of the lower vertabrae have little to very little stuffing left
between them, and my right hip is disintegrating. I find winter is less
comfortable than summer, that sleeping on my back is fine as long as I don't
intend to ever move again, that the floor has gotten much further away, that
stabbing pains when you bend, quickly teach you not move that way anymore,
that human bones can make an interesting symphony of popping noises when you
move, that pain free can be adjusted to mean only hurts a little.  Things
that will help - watching your weight, natural diaretics when you have
menstral cycle - as the fuild build up will press against the spine causing
higher levels of pain, chodrotin and glucosimine to help rebuild the joints,
regular exercise, not lettuing the pain limit you - as you simple limit
yourself to doing less and less, walking even tho wheelchairing it would be
easier, that pain is not visible, so others do not know you hurt so be more
patience when you think they are being a pain but they aren't but you will
be. And as stupid as this sounds if you are female - ummm........ sex
helps - I think its something about the knees around the ears part stretches
just the right places!! Great for headaches too - I guess its those
endorphins that get released!!

http://www.pslgroup.com/ARTHRITIS.HTM#Disease

http://www.tcspine.com/pe/pe.html

http://www.backpainalternatives.com/degenerativediscdisease.html