C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:13:51 -0700
Hello all, just a quick question or two.
First question, is there a difference between general hypotonia, overall or centralized hypotonia? I have seen all of these in different doctors reports regarding Zachary.  I know he has it worse in his abdomen, face and hands, but his whole body is basically low tone.
Second question, can hypotonic children be spastic at times ? Zachary seems to be very stiff when he first wakes up, and he does this thing I call "stiffing" when he is throwing a fit.  That is where his hands go in a tight fist (with thumb tucked in of course) and his legs go straight out and becomes so stiff you cannot hardly bend them at all.
I guess I have three questions, sorry.  Third question being, how would they classify Zachary if his arms and hands are more affected than his legs and feet with the face,cheeks, jaw and neck affected as well ?
Sorry for all the questions, but they have been nagging at me for awhile.
Thank you,
Deborah mom of 4