C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
DAVID BAUER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:20:13 -0400

ARE YOU AN ADULT

WITH CEREBRAL PALSY?

The CP Group would like to hear from you. The Group, a nationwide
organization for adults with CP, is putting together a book written by adults  with
CP about living life with CP. The book will consist of experiences that
occurred to these individuals as a result of their CP and the reaction of these
 individuals to their experiences.

The experiences can be joyous (the birth of my child), not so joyous (my
difficulties finding employment), struggles (whoever said that getting older
was  fun? I'm only 48 years old.), bittersweet (I searched for years to find
a doctor  who understood CP but when I did she was really great), etc.

In  short, we would like to have your thoughts and insights about life with
CP. Give  other folks (disabled or not) the benefits of your experience.
Your article can be short-- a few paragraphs-- or several pages. We don't
have a deadline but are hoping to have most of the articles completed by
early  September, 2012. If you plan on writing an article, let us know evcn if
you  haven't begun to write. We wish we could offer you a fee but we don't
have any  funds. You will however receive a copy of the book.

Questions?
Contact Robert: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])  or
David: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])

THE CP Group is a nonprofit membership organization for  adults with CP.
Founded in 2003, the Group has over 400 members across the  United States.
The Group has an annual conference near Washington, DC and periodic
regional conferences.

Visit our website- theCPGroup.org
Visit our listserv- _http://groups.google.com/?hl=en/_
(http://groups.google.com/?hl=en/)