C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:52:55 EST
Kendall,

    I did not make my point clear enough. I meant that alcohol being legal
creates havoc. My logic is that if other drugs were made legal, they would
wrreak the same havoc. Prohibitting alcohol is not a logical choice, at all. We
just have to live with it, but not add to the havoc by legalizing other drugs. I
hope I have cleared my position here.

Bobby
So should we go back to Prohibition?  I'm sure you're not advocating
that.  I found this article on Prohibition, its repeal, and the repeal
of the Volstead Act.  The arguments for the repeal of Prohibition and
Volstead were very similar to the ones I made for currently illegal
drugs.