C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:52:15 -0700
 i have got inquiries oh how i am liking retirement.
 i thought i'd do a report for any that wonder about
 me. if you do not really want to read it, you can
 delete.
   i guess in general i have less stress. also if i
 do not sleep, i can make it up the next day. i did
 not expect to be so busy. some of my being busy is
 that some think i retired to be able to drive them
 places at short notice. i have  some things of my
 own that keeps me busy.
   i am going for my 5th opinion (if you count my own
 doctor) as to my being out of a job for work related
 injury. my doc says that becouse of all the claims
 examerners rotating in and out of my case and the
 fact that by standards he can only write me up at 45
 % loss of use of my arms that they fail to realize
 that with my already having disabilities from the cp
 that if you take that big a chuck out of my arms,
 then i do not have much left to work with. so i keep
 getting sent for "opinions." the docs they send me
 to see are neuros, but, have little pratical
 experience with cp and so they don't give that
 conviencing an opinion.  i personally think they are
 shopping for an opinion they want. i do not know how
 many they will send me to.  this does effect me
 significantly financially and would effect how well
 i get along in retirement if they finally rule
 negatively on this issue. so you all keep me in your
 prayers.
 i guess i am doing well so far. the lack of being
 able to drive very far without hurting my arms is a
 negative. i'd visit friends more ofthen if i could
 drive normally.
   all in all, i guess it is all right being retired.
 at least i am not fighting the traffic every morning
 and every afternoon.

http://vote.yahoo.com