C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:56:59 -0500
Elaine,

I am a 5th grade teacher in a suburban elementary school, so I can
relate...I think the school did the right thing.  I know it seems
extreme to cancel school, but in light of the many recent "happenings"
in schools across the country, I think it is good that schools are
taking a hard line on this.  But I also think, they better punish those
kids who made the threat so that other kids don't do the same just to
get another day off from school.

As for the code blue policies, ask what your kids would do and who would
be there to help them in the case of a real emergency.  Advanced
planning is the key.

Linda