C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:11:49 -0600
Kristina,

Here's some contact info that might be helpful to you:

 South Carolina DD Council
 http://www.scddc.state.sc.us/

South Carolina UCEDD:
 http://uscm.med.sc.edu/cdrhome/index.htm

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone at the SC UCEDD

Here's contact information for the protection and advocacy organization in
South Carolina:

Protection & Advocacy for People with Disabilities, Inc.
3710 Landmark Drive, Suite 208
Columbia, SC 29204
Phone: 803-782-0639 Voice/TDD \ 866-275-7273 (in state)
Fax: 803-790-1946
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.protectionandadvocacy-sc.org

  Here's an article you might find interesting; it underscores the concerns
you have about care for your daughter if you aren't around.

http://www.napas.org/media/pr/051027sc.htm

 On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:04 AM,  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I live in South Carolina, USA and have for 30 years.
>
> They tell us consent must be gotten, and it never was at the first
hospital.
> Nothing was discussed about my child, just that if they did not 'take the
> baby' I might die.  Here is SC I could have gotten a DNC up to 26 weeks
but I
> would have to go to Charleston about 2 hours away.  I was mad and told my
DR
> because this option was never mentioned.  After 6 weeks of treatment and
me
> telling them they had NO consent they brought me a blank consent form to
sign.... I
> did not sign it.
> But the medical examiners board said the doctors did nothing wrong... HA
HA.

  --
 Kendall
depends on the unreasonable man.