C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elaine Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 08:49:08 EST
This is the short essay that Briana wrote for the Reflections contest:

                                    I Have A Dream

My name is Briana Taylor and I have Cerebral Palsy.  My dream is to be a
gymnast, but I can't right now because I don't walk.

But I had a surgery done on my legs so hopefully I can walk.  Maybe if this
surgery helps, I can be a gymnast.  With lots of therapy and lots of
standing, maybe I could do this if I work hard.

There are many disabled people we don't know about but they worked hard and
they were able to achieve their lifelong dream, and I will too because
Anything is possible with hard work and believing in yourself.