C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 08:38:00 -0400
Interesting.  While Labor unions definitely have a seedy element, they are
no worse than some of the other characters are the other politicos are
hanging with, may I name a few such as Enron, the entire military industrial
complex, etc.  Pharmaceutical companies are some of the largest contributers
to both political parties and look at some of the shady dealings they do.
For example, deliberately closing a plant in Michigan (even with the usual
tax incentives) because Michigan doesn't have enough Pfizer drugs on their
Medicaid formulary.

You can't do politics in Ohio, Chicago, or many towns without getting
involved with the Mafia or Unions.  Just like you can't do politics in
Florida without the realtors and developers.

Beth t the OT