C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kyle E Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:28:03 -0400
To echo what Cynthia said about pwds and guv'ment jobs, yes, the bennies
are good: medical, retirement, etc.  IMO, the larger the governmental
institution (municipal vs. state vs. federal), the better the treatment
and bennies (medical coverage, retirement options, etc.).  Note that
advancement is usually slow in governmental positions, pay is much lower
than private industry (I could easily "double" my salary in the real
world), but the pace is slower and jobs are intrinsically more secure.

I work for county government that is closely tied to the vagaries and
whims of local politics; your best bet are state or federal agencies, or
state universities.  University hospitals are also great places to look
for "acommodating" employment.

-Kyle