C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harleen Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:15:29 -0500
Because I clearly don't read as much as others on the list, I try and learn
here and there. I don't know if it's true, but it certainly is interesting.
Happy Thanksgiving for those in the States :)
**
*NEARLY USELESS FACTOID*
http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid=182&sid=2642766
By Jack Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Have you ever walked into a room and completely forgot what you were
planning to do? You're not alone, and there may be a reason why, according
to Life's Little
Mysteries<http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/walking-doorways-forgetting-2192/>.
A University of Notre Dame psychologist says walking though a doorway acts
as an "event boundary," for the mind. That means simply walking through a
door can reshuffle and compartmentalize our thoughts, making instant recall
more challenging.

~Harleen