C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:09:22 -0700
Hi Lisa!

Yes, expect him to do as much as he can for himself.
do not limit him. let him know constantly that he will accomplish whatever
he sets out to do, nothing is impossible.

I remember I started going to camp at age 9, and  there were lots of things
I needed help with that year, but my mom noticed that as the years went on,
she had to check off less and less items that I needed help with. So it
became a benchmark every year.

learning to play piano one summer, and I came back to school to show the OT
that I could now type with 8 or nine fingers, and she had said it would be
a waste of money! I showed her! lol...

feldenkrais method therapy has improved my speech greatly! you can find
more by going to www.feldenkrais.com

mag

Please ask your Congressperson to vote FOR the MICASSA bill, this
will allow medicaid funds to pay for community supports
instead of isolating the person in a nursing home or institution.
HR 910 is the bill number
Senate version of MiCASSA (S 401).

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities
~Tamar Mag Raine~
IM: tamarmag48
Yahoo IM Tamarmag56

He