C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:33:30 -0700
rant or not, i think i might pursue it. obviously you
are not homeless unless you dress as i do and shave
once a week as i do. anyone with a half brain (but
this is a fast food place) can tell the difference in
homeless and a person with cp and knowing it is a case
of pwd they should have a accommodated you.

--- [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I'm on vacation this week in Nashville.? I had a
> little incident at a McDonalds because I had my
> backpack on.? I was supposed to leave my backpack
> full of souvenirs outside the store where anyone
> could take it.? On top of it, the manager on duty
> gave me attitude about it.?? My mother and Susan was
> with me, we were hungry and this was the only
> restaurant in close range to the hotel.?
>
> My hand goes numb carrying something over ten
> minutes, so I use my backpack for majority of things
> I have to carry.? I never order drinks from a
> restaurant unless I'm going to eat there.? When I go
> grocery shopping I use the canvas bags when my
> backpack is full, because they do not cut into my
> arms like the plastic ones do.?
>
> Anyway do you think this is a case to pursue or just
> simply avoid the place?? I'm writing to the regional
> manager about too about this.? Someone told me in
> the breakfast lounge that they do this in stores
> because of homeless people come into their stores
> too much and try keep them out.? In Cleveland I know
> about the major stores ask you to leave the bags at
> the front counter or customer service area.? I've
> never had a problem with that other than one store
> but that was one person and that person is no longer
> at the store because of being too rude to people.??
>
> I know?since 9-11?all sports arenas and stadiums
> have to?have people not to bring in bags at all and
> most cases strollers because of nuts who want to
> blow up the place.? I don't have a problem with
> that.? These are major places?and the policy is
> across the board and in plain sight on websites and
> on the front of the sporting place.? Some have
> relaxed a little and take each person on individual
> situation.? I know I'm just on a rant but I was just
> so mad yesterday, I needed to vent.
>

> Michael Jeffries
> ?

> list, go here: