C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:46:40 -0500
Sounds like she got what she deserved.  I was sixteen when I soloed and got
my ticket when I turned eighteen.  Flying would have been a great way to
pick up girls, but gas was too expensive and it still cost $25 an hour to
rent the plane.  When the kids start leaving home and the cash flow gets a
little better (provided this post-cp thing doesn't put me out of business),
I'd like to do a lot more flying.

BTW--NASA is working on a prototype aircraft and supporting air traffic
control systems for mass consumption.  I forget what the program is called,
but it's basically just like the "everybody will fly their own airplane in
the future" articles from Popular Mechanix mags of the '50s.