C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Salkin
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 11:13:26 -0400
Yes, I agree, we need to go back to the days of FDR, when there were work
programs for just about everyone.  As it stands today, too many people think
they're 'entitled' to free rides which riles me no end.  I see the guys
standing on street corners here begging and think, 'why can't you all go and
find work?  There's work out there for you - you just need to find it.
Believe me, it's out there.'

Johnson's plan was great in theory but unfortunately the road to hell are
paved with good intentions  or so my dad used to say.

I know there will always be those who can't work, but programs should be
helping them more,not the ones who really don't need it.  Harsh? Not overly
so when my tax dollars pay for those on the dole.

Kat