C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:45:53 -0400
I'm a college football nut; not so fond of NFL.  I have to say, though,
that college (university) athletics in the U.S., especially those sports
that make big money for the schools (e.g., football, basketball), is
almost as corrupted with money and ego as professional sports.

I watched the Ohio State University (my alma mater--Go Bucks!) play
Penn(sylvania) State on Saturday night and the game lasted three hours!
An hour of play time, fifteen minutes for half-time and an
hour-and-three-quarters for adverts!

My local cable-television provider is broadcasting local and national
high-school football now.  I think my attention will go there as the
kids are not quite as corrupted...yet.

Kyle