C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 15:53:10 -0400
Well, Mike,

If the ADA were revoked because of the IBOT chairs, there'd be such a hue and cry it'd be re-invoked.  There are just too wide a range of disabilities to limit the scope of the ADA just because of the IBOT.  The AARP is a mighty powerful lobby, and the elderly are amongst the fastest growing groups of disabled folks.

Kat
From: Kat <[log in to unmask]>

>Glad to hear an expert opinion. :-)  I do disagree with you re: the
excuse
not to implement the ADA.  There are too few IBOT chairs and two many
different disabilities not to implement the ADA because of a 'superchair'
on
the market.  I think most people realise it's not practical for most
mobility-impaired people.