C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:26:07 -0600
Kristina,

Here's some contact info that might be helpful to you:

 South Carolina DD Council
 http://www.scddc.state.sc.us/

South Carolina UCEDD:
 http://uscm.med.sc.edu/cdrhome/index.htm

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone at the SC UCEDD

Here's contact information for the protection and advocacy organization in
South Carolina:

Protection & Advocacy for People with Disabilities, Inc.
3710 Landmark Drive, Suite 208
Columbia, SC 29204
Phone: 803-782-0639 Voice/TDD \ 866-275-7273 (in state)
Fax: 803-790-1946
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.protectionandadvocacy-sc.org

  Here's an article you might find interesting; it underscores the concerns
you have about care for your daughter if you aren't around.  It's over two
years old, so hopefully steps have been taken to alleviate the conditions.
The people at the South Carolina P &A can give you the current picture on
that.

http://www.napas.org/media/pr/051027sc.htm

 On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:04 AM,  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I live in South Carolina, USA and have for 30 years.
>
> They tell us consent must be gotten, and it never was at the first
hospital.
> Nothing was discussed about my child, just that if they did not 'take the
> baby' I might die.  Here is SC I could have gotten a DNC up to 26 weeks
but I
> would have to go to Charleston about 2 hours away.  I was mad and told my
DR
> because this option was never mentioned.  After 6 weeks of treatment and
me
> telling them they had NO consent they brought me a blank consent form to
sign.... I
> did not sign it.
> But the medical examiners board said the doctors did nothing wrong... HA
HA.

  --
 Kendall
depends on the unreasonable man.