C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:56:00 -0700
Date:    Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:16:48 -0500

From:    Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Re: if you're against the iraqi war...

Do you realize what a <<proper>> boycott of oil is

All plastics.

Think about THAT one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meir,

For me, and most of us, going a day without using plastics would be impossible, but we might be able to handle going a day without buying plastics by going a day without buying anything.  While a longer boycott would be more effective, I think a 3 day boycott could be felt by a lot of manufacturers, especially if a number equal to ½ the people who voted for Kerry/Edwards participated.  According to CNN, the Kerry/Edwards ticket received 57,288,974 votes.  If half that number of  people participated in a 3 day boycott, and only spent an average of $10 per day, that would be a total of $859,334,610.  That number might not be really significant in its impact on GDP, but it should be noticeable on a statistical basis.

Kendall Corbett

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950