C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 12:54:48 -0500
Hi Kyle,

>I applaud your post-modernist diatribe, Trisha.  Your position is well
>thought-out and expounded.  My point is two-fold:  This is not the forum
>for theological apologetics.  It is of, by, and for folks with Cerebral
>Palsy.

    It was started over someone being I guess harassed for their CP by a
bible thumper. I had an incident happen when Amber was a baby and we where
just discovering she had CP. I was talking after the service about what was
happening when this lovely woman - told me - GOD - did this to my child
becasue I am a bad person and none of the people standing around said a
thing. Now, I must admit the Christian version of God never had much
creditibily with me in the first place, but this offended beyond. If people
feel this way and talk to people this way then obviously it would seem to be
a CP topic. Amber has had run-ins  - Who in their right mind picks on small
child!  Besides CP seems to be an equal oppurtunity condition.

>Also, I can't fathom your thesis that antiquity has bearing on the
>validity of a faith system.

            Christianity is rather a late comer in the faith game. Yet, your
believe your God is the the one and only and you must share this with us
non-beleivers - is arrogant, autocratic, judgemental  and domineering. No
one denies you the right to your beliefs or even the right to talk about
them - it the manner in which you do this, that is being objected to. Man
has been around for a long time. Somewhere between 30,000 and 35,000 years
ago - beliefs came into being. The earliest ones were Goddess based. (In
fact Goddess lives on in Christianity in the form Mary). Why would any new
comer belief be more valid than older ones. Christianity worked well for the
leaders of the empire builders of the day. Christianity is a blending of the
Jews and the Pagans right along with Romans.

                Well got run - I'm off to Baltimore and Balticon 33!!

                              Brightest Blessings