C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:41:16 -0500
Hi,

My name is David Clark and I live in Boston. I just signed up for the list
(not that I need more mail, I get WAY too much already) to "connect" and
heard the perspectives of other cp'ers. I'm 28, have I guess what most
people would call severe cp (athetoid/spastic, power chair user,
speech-impaired) but I'm functionally independent. I work full-time for CAST
(anyone heard of Bobby?).

One of the things that prompted my signing up is a phenomenal book I read
(in  only two days!) last weekend "the Question of David" . Written by a
woman I knew of from my undergraduate days in Berkeley, it is about her and
her husband's (both with severe cp) adoption of a baby. I  really enjoyed
the matter-of-fact normalcy of the stories, and it touched on many
themes/ideas I've felt for a long time.

I look forward to future conversation, and hope this is appropriate for this
list.

dc