C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:06:14 EDT
I have pain in my letft arm and hand.  I have to force my wrist back and it
"pops" every time.  It sounds like arthritis is starting plus, I have to keep a
piece of cloth between my thumb and index finger to keep my thumb from
scratching into my index finger till it bleeds.  I've clipped my thumbnail all the
way down plus filing the edge and that doesn't help.  Now my left arm at the
elbow is cramping from being in an up position all day and night.  I've dealt
with baclofen and Xanaflex and they both made me too sleepy to work.  I've dealt
with splints along with the meds.  The OT said my arm was cracking the splint
due to resistance in my arm.  Im my life living with CP is to live with pain.

Michael Jeffries
ICQ# 53522767 AIM, MSN, and Yahoo! ID MJeff25916