C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:27:28 -0400
Personally, I'd boycott the boots, but it's a tough moral dilemna, for sure.
If they weren't at the shoe factory, they'd probably be prostitutes and that's
even worse to me, especially with the skyrocketing increase of AIDS in Africa
and Asia.  Did you know that China has been lucky so far, but are now looking
at a potential disaster the government is ill-equipped to handle?  India is
coping with a huge epidemic, and here in the good ol' USA, strains of
resistant AIDS virii are popping up, thereby raising a spectre of another rise
in cases.  A very truly scary outcome.

Sorry but you inadverdently got me on a soapbox.  An elderly friend of mine
got diagnosed with HIV not long ago because she didn't think she would need to
have her lover use condoms for protection.  I've heard that HIV is growing
amongst the elderly, too.  (off the soapbox).

In my humble opinion, we Americans have it damned good compared with most of
the world.

Kat