C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 20:02:55 -0700
Ken,
I don't know. It sure looks like business interests helped cause Katrina,
in that businesses in LA  drained so much of the wetlands that it took away
that natural buffer there. It  sure looks like water surface temps had a
lot to do with how much stronger there hurricanes are getting.

I find it hard to believe that the governor did not know she had to request
the natl guard assistance, but you are correct in that blame is
everywhere, from the senators and congress folks who would not ratify kyoto
agreement even though Clinton signed it, to the states of LA and Mis. who
did not have plans -  and also did not have the sense to do a state tax to
help pay for things when feds said see your money go to homeland
security...

many of those who stayed behind were those who are the elderly poor or
disabled poor... How were they supposed to leave the area? AND why was it
that when a non-flooded area offered to help, the feds said no thanks.
there are just so many stories of help that was offered but turned down.

Mag

If you need a business card designed, please email me.