C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Jeffries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:38:18 -0400
There is no shame in wearing Depends.  There are those who have no choice in the matter. They have to wear them all their lives.   All that can be done really is finding the right type and extra liner pads to handle the situation.  It also helps when the PCA knows what they are doing too.  I've heard of one woman being out at a Sunday outing and it was a real humiliating situation.  All what had to be done was making sure the Depends was on properly.  Others can relate to that situation.  Kathy Jo, you have to just accept that it would be a part of your life.  If a simple thing like washable pads for beds and wheelcairs were more available when we were younger, our childhoods could've been less tramatic and abusive.

Michael Jeffries