C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:17:06 -0400
Just wanted to add that I've never had a problem with distinguishing between
KPH and MPH.  In fact, I think it's ridiculous that the US hasn't switched
over to the metic system which is far more accurate than the old one we've
been using.

What was harder for me in driving in the UK was driving on the left side of
the road with a stick shift, as I learned to drive on an automatic shift car.
I'm sure I couldn't do it now, especially on the dual-lane carriageways like
the A-1 road, which I understand has grown expotentially in traffic volume in
the past 10 years, as has the M-1 out of London (I think it goes out of London
- correct me if I'm wrong, Deri).

Kat