C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:01:29 EDT
In a message dated 04/04/2000 3:16:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< hmm, i'll think maybe god has cp too....

Cool thought Mag!  I have been hoping that God has some kind of disability
myself.  I know this goes against the grain of what we're taught about "the
Almighty," but you know...I feel like I am "whole" and "normal."  I am who I
am.  Maybe God is what we all are.  We are normal for who we are.  We are a
normal part of society.  Difference is normal, and if God can be omnipotent
and without beginning or end, why can't God be able-bodied and disabled also,
along with being every race and color?

Am I being weird or does this make sense?  I just took some pain medication
and I am a little spaced out right now.

Betty -- from La La Land