C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:56:38 -0500
Karen,

        I agree with your views. People should not have litters. My wife was a
twin(a menopausal "accident") The problem was another "accident" happened
in another year and my mother was 42 years old with 4 girls under 2 years.
My mother-in-law's cousin who was a ranch house cook had to quit her job
and move into town to help her cousin raise the girls. As far as I know,
none of them were premature or under weight, but it sure placed a financial
burden on the family.

        We live in Memphis now, and in addition to the world famous Elvis
Presley Trauma Center, we have a newborn center second to none that been in
existence since 1968. Sheldon Coronas is the head of it and it has gone a
long way to prevent birth and developmental defects here in this region.
All premies are directed to this center.

There are a few good things about Memphis and this is one of them.

Bobby Greer