C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:14:42 -0400
James,

I have never had a hernia operation and my cp is spastic, but I can
tell you that after a c-section to have my son it was none too easy
to get out of bed.  They make you get up and walk around within a few
hours of surgery and since I use my hands to get out of bed and they
want you to put a pillow on the incision as you get up, it was
impossible for me to get up.  So, if they make you do something
similar,  be prepared to have someone else put the pressure on the
incision as you use your own hands to push yourself upright.

Linda M.