C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:47:52 -0400
I'd heard that, Bobby, but thought the border towns were cleaning up their
acts.

I interviewed for a job about ten years ago with a company that makes
circuit breakers for Honda cars (lots of Honda "parts" factories around
here, since they're made about 30 miles noth of Columbus).

Anyway, the HQ was up here, but the plant was in "Cuidad Juarez", Mexico.  I
would have had to travel to Juarez quite a bit.  I was shocked when the
interviewer assured me that I would be safe "because I'd always have an
armed bodyguard with me."  I beat feet out of the interview as fast as I
could.  Later, I found out that lots of Americans working in Juarez and
Tijuana get abducted for ransom money to be paid by the American's employer.
Scary stuff, but, like I said, I heard Presidente Fox "cleaned up" the
border towns and the "Boy's Towns" were getting put out of business.
Mexican gov't propaganda?

I've never been across the border--too scared, I guess.  Have you been
lately?

-Kyle