C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 07:50:33 -0400
HI Ken,

    Well, I am back Baltimore -

>>WHILE AS A CHRISTIAN I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF WITCHCRAFT
>>sorry, about the caps,

        I am sure your also not in favor of Buddhists, Mormons, Jehovahs
Witness', Muslims, Jews, etc. Christianity allows only for Christianity.
Which makes as much sense as saying everyone should eat broccolli and drive
a red car.

>>i do not get on your case and say that god would punish your child for
that
>>or anything else you have done. this is not good christian theology. i am
>>afraid that it is the theology of many christians who lets themselves be
>>taught rather than study the bible for themself.

    I agree - this pure stupidity. Jesus heals the sick and infirm - in no
place does he tell they are evil and deserve it. In fact he very specific -
in letting us know - about casting stones or asperstions against others.
However, lets remember however he was blessed with not having Christianity
around yet. I would bet real money - if he came today - he would be tossed
in with the New Agers - after all his - my little children love one
another -- Sure sounds like an old hippy line. The Bible has been modified
many times - this historical fact. Whole books of the bible have been thrown
because a meeting council didn'like what they said. In 431CE - they decide
to make Mary the mother of God. You have to be a historical scholar to get
all the variations straight - the version being used now - was redone in
King James time and he changed things.

                                  Brightest Blessings