C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:37:46 -0700
Tamar.  Thank you for reminding me.  We will put something on the website
this week.

Bob

Date:    Tue, 19 Aug 2008 05:51:53 -0400
From:    Bob Segalman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Telephone Access - Need FCC Support

Dear Supporter of People who have Speech Disabilities

The Federal Communications Commission is requesting public input on propo=
sed
improvements to the telephone assistance service for people with speeches=

disabilities, like mine from CP.  Our small non-profit will gladly send y=
ou
prepared text.  See www.speechtospeech.org.  We can even file for you at =
the
FCC website if you like.=20

If you want to receive more information when it is ready later in August.=
=20
Simply e-mail me with your name and the word =93yes=94 in the text.=20

Thank you so much.=20
Bob
=20
Bob Segalman, Ph.D., Sc.D. (Hon.), Founder of Speech-to-Speech
President, Speech Communications Assistance by Telephone, Inc.=20
            501c3, IRS #68-0217675
515 P Street, #403; Sacramento, CA 95814
Call 1-888-877-5302 and then ask for me at 916-448-5517
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.speechtospeech.org
IM: Mensaman1 (in Yahoo) -- the fastest way to reach me.

-----------------------

http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=3Dc-palsy

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:04:51 -0400
From:    Kathy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Telephone Access - Need FCC Support

I don't have a speech diffuculty, just hard of hearing, but have you
sent this to the deaf lists or groups? There are also groups for
cochlear implants or baba implants who might be interested in this.

Kat

-----------------------

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:38:47 -0700
From:    Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>

Bob,=0AI didn't see anything on the website about FCC???=A0 But, count me i=
n.=A0 =0AKat, what's baba implants?=0AMag=0A=A0=0A~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~=
~~~~~~~~~=0Ahttp://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*=0ATamar Mag Raine=0ATamarmag510=
@yahoo.comwww.cafepress.com/tamarmag=0A~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~=
=0A=0A=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Kathy <[log in to unmask]
>=0ATo: [log in to unmask]: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:04:51=
 AM=0ASubject: Re: Telephone Access - Need FCC Support=0A=0AI don't have a =
speech diffuculty, just hard of hearing, but have you =0Asent this to the d=
eaf lists or groups? There are also groups for =0Acochlear implants or baba=
 implants who might be interested in this.=0A=0AKat=0A=0ABob Segalman wrote=
:=0A> Dear Supporter of People who have Speech Disabilities=0A>=0A> The Fed=
eral Communications Commission is requesting public input on proposed=0A> i=
mprovements to the telephone assistance service for people with speeches=0A=
> disabilities, like mine from CP.=A0 Our small non-profit will gladly send=
 you=0A> prepared text.=A0 See www.speechtospeech.org.=A0 We can even file =
for you at the=0A> FCC website if you like. =0A>=0A> If you want to receive=
 more information when it is ready later in August. =0A> Simply e-mail me w=
ith your name and the word =93yes=94 in the text. =0A>=0A> Thank you so muc=
h. =0A> Bob=0A>=A0 =0A> Bob Segalman, Ph.D., Sc.D. (Hon.), Founder of Speec=
h-to-Speech=0A> President, Speech Communications Assistance by Telephone, I=
nc. =0A>=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 501c3, IRS #68-0217675=0A> 515 P Street, #4=
03; Sacramento, CA 95814=0A> Call 1-888-877-5302 and then ask for me at 916=
-448-5517=0A> E-mail: [log in to unmask]> Website: http://www.speechtospe=
ech.org=0A> IM: Mensaman1 (in Yahoo) -- the fastest way to reach me.=0A>=0A=
 C-PALSY list, go here:=0A>=0A> http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.=
EXE?SUBED1=3Dc-palsy=0A>=0A>=0A>=A0 =0A=0A-----------------------=0A=0ATo c=

Date:    Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:42:33 -0400
From:    "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Sorry, Mag, a slip of the finger - I meant BAHA implants - for unilateral
conductive hearling loss=2E  It apparently transmits sounds via the bone
rather than via the cochlear, which is what my implant does=2E

Kat

Date:    Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:35:54 -0600
From:    "Kendall D. Corbett" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: FW: kathy sent you a Funny or Die video

My sister sent this.  I thought it would amuse many of you, even the
conservatives.  Ken, are you smiling?
Date:    Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:38:21 -0600
From:    "Kendall D. Corbett" <[log in to unmask]>

Paris Hilton's response to McCain's ad comparing Obama's celebrity status to
hers.  Also sent to my by my sister who makes me look conservative.

This video made me laugh -- you should watch it:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/64ad536a6d

P.S. Want more funny videos? Check out http://www.funnyordie.com

Date:    Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:30:09 -0700
From:    ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Fwd: FW: kathy sent you a Funny or Die video

yes, i am smiling. i like any kind of political spoof of either side.

> My sister sent this.  I thought it would amuse many of you,
> even the
> conservatives.  Ken, are you smiling?

End of C-PALSY Digest - 18 Aug 2008 to 19 Aug 2008 (#2008-189)