C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:48:47 -0400
Hi Linda,

   Ditto for the first sentence of Gary's note.  Amber is going to be a teacher - can you share some of your experiences both positive and negative - and I will pass them on to her -

                                                   Trisha

________________________________

Hey Linda!!

Some how as long as you've been on this list, I either didn't know
or forgot you were a teacher.  That's really cool!!  So do you ever
set aside time during the year for your kids to ask about
disability and your life in general?  As part of my job, myself and
the other 2
co workers in my unit go around to schools in our area and teach
disability awareness.  Mostly kinndogarden and grammar school kids.
We usually start out talking about how we got our jobs as well as
talking about our daily lives.  From there we turn it over to the
kids and let them ask whatever questions they want.  It's my
favorite part of my Job!!

Gary