C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jason Kruse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:35:08 -0500
Bobby-
A professional opinion here: I have never seen GI bleeding with Prozac nor have I
heard of it happening nor is it a COMMON side effect of the drug.  If you have GI
bleeding you need to have that evaluated THOROUGHLY. GI Bleeding is not something
to lightly associate to med reaction. You have to be careful how you read side
effects. Under almost every antibiotic in the PDR you will see that there is an
increase chance of URI (upper respiratory infection). We all know however that
they don't cause URI's it just happens to be something that alot of people are
experiencing at any given time and during studies they are obligated to record
ALL information on symptoms. So that is why it is very important to discuss
questions/SE's with the Dr or PA/NP that wrote it. If a relationship does not
exist where you feel comfortable doing so you need to find a different one.

JM2C

Jason Kruse PA