C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 19:35:36 EDT
In a message dated 04/22/2000 6:01:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Yes, Betty, it seems that you and your Mom have it figured out pretty well.
 Sometimes you have to hurt someone's feelings to make an important point. I
 guess this all reminds me of how my Mom suffered for 4 years with breast
 cancer, only to have a 15 inch tumor found in her eusapgus.  they could not
 get it all, and it went to her lung, and she died from that.
 and sometimes i wonder if she could have lived those 4 years without chemo
 and radiation and all the horrible pain and nausea she had.   only the lord
 knows, i guess
 Love,
 mag

 NO!  I'm sorry to hear about your mom Mag.  What a heartbreaker of a story!
Yes, I don't want to see my Mom suffer if she doesn't have to and it is not
going to add quality to her life eventually.  Time will tell though.  Who can
predict after only one treatment?

We're finding humor in the little things around here.  Mom was saying how the
pain medication was making her "loopy," so I accusingly replied "Mom's
stoned!  Mom's stoned!"  She got a good laugh out of it.

Of course, she was stoned.  She would have laughed if I had asked her what
time it was.