C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:24:07 -0600
When we got Carhartt, we were actually at the pound looking for a cat, but
didn't find one that wasn't too far into the feral stage to be redeemed
without major bloodshed.  So we went back to look at the dogs (against
Janet's better judgement).  Carhartt saw me in my chair and trotted right up
to the end of the kennel to say hi, while most of the others went to the far
end of the kennels, so we knew he wouldn't be afraid of the chair.  He also
didn't jump up, or lick, so he was ours!  He completely took it in stride
when I went from a manual chair to a power chair five years ago.

--

Kendall