C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:38:09 -0500
Hi, Jim,

So sorry about your horrible experience.  I didn't go through one as bad as
yours, but when I had surgery back in 2001, they gave me an anethesia that
knocked me out for 3 days - or at least that's what I remember (or not).
 My friends and family all swear that I was talking and seemingly
functional but those three days are forever wiped from my memory.  What was
a three-day planned stay turned out to be six days and I was pretty out of
things for a few weeks after that.   I will never ever voluntarily go
through back surgery again.

Kat