C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:04:02 EDT
I live in South Carolina, USA and have for 30 years.

They tell us consent must be gotten, and it never was at the first hospital.
Nothing was discussed about my child, just that if they did not 'take the
baby' I might die.  Here is SC I could have gotten a DNC up to 26 weeks but I
would have to go to Charleston about 2 hours away.  I was mad and told my DR
because this option was never mentioned.  After 6 weeks of treatment and me
telling them they had NO consent they brought me a blank consent form to sign.... I
did not sign it.
But the medical examiners board said the doctors did nothing wrong... HA HA.
So no laywer would take the case.

The last thing we were mad about was the fact that a dentist pulled 10
perfectly health teeth on my child... the police and medical board again said the
doctor did nothing wrong.... she had no cavities. I think it was just that
insurance paid $35 a tooth. HA  HA

My child has had very bad luck with doctors.  It has been a learning
experiance.  We have come to believe most are in it for the money.
Kristina