C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:43:00 -0600
I've got to go to Denver tommorrow so here's "The Worm":

There was a farmer who was very lonely.  He found a corn borer worm and kept
it as a pet.  He even named it "Motor," because of the sound it made as it
bored through an ear of corn.  He kept motor in a matchbox with cotton balls
and a kernel of corn per day for food.  One day, as he was about to give
"Motor" his kernel of corn, he discovered to his horror that Motor was
missing.  He looked all through the house but didn't find him.  He went out
to do his chores, but still, No Motor.  He finally decided to walk through
his cornfield, as it sometimes calmed him when he was upset.  As he walked
down row after row, he started to hear the sound that Motor made as he
chewed on a kernel.  He isolated it to a row then the south end of the row,
and finally to a single stalk of corn.  When he'd isolated it to the stalk,
he carefully shucked the ears from the bottom of the stalk to the top, and
as he shucked the last ear, OUTBORED MOTOR!!