C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 16:23:03 -0400
Bobby,

You don't know how refreshing it is to "hear" (electronically) another
person say they understand what these spasms are like.  My own wife shrugged
them off until last week, as she had no frame of reference.  She thought I
was being overly-dramatic until she had a gastrocnemus spazz up while
swimming.  She said it took two folks to get her out of the pool and twenty
minutes of gentle stretching before she could walk.  Her first comment to me
after describing the incident was, "I can't believe that's what you go
through every day!"  Nope.  I can't believe it either, but it's true.  When
you have mouths to feed, there's not much of an alternative.  Enough
gloom...how ya been?

I'm driving to Philadelphia this weekend (10 hrs each way) to pick up the
eldest child.  Having to borrow my in-laws' van for all the accumulated dorm
sh*t.  She recommended I pull the seats out before I leave Ohio. That may
seem a pain, but the more junk she carts, the less chance she'll ask me to
cart some boyfriend back. LOL!  Should be a pretty drive--the campus is a
mile or so from Valley Forge.

Kyle